Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My best friend is my best!: "Friend without Benefit" (Part 3)


Part 3: Friend without Benefit

There is a movie called ‘’Friend with Benefit’ where Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis are the main hero and heroin. I haven’t watched it due to my busy days and the movie just not worth of my RM6 (pirate CD price) or RM9 ( Miri Starcineplex ticket fee).


This is the synopsis I read from websites, the benefits:


1. Jamie (Mila Kunis) is playing nice to Dylan (Justin Timberlake) by bringing him to the whole city just to get a signature for recruitment contract for GQ Magazine Company.


2. Dylan is being the true friend to Jamie which they indicate it as ‘’no feeling attached’’ relationship but commitment to make each other feels good. So they kissed and make up although their label is just friend.


3. Jamie got dumped by a guy after few months of dating. She ran to Dylan for comfort but this time around she has the feeling on Dylan but not Dylan.


4. Dylan got Jamie’s attention to replace his fear on being attached so he maintain the ‘’friendship’’ by introducing Jamie to his family. To make Jamie stay with him.


5. Jamie realized she is facing the most stupid situation so she left the ‘’friendship’’ she has with Dylan after figured out Dylan is still not having any feeling on her.


6. Jamie turned to be workaholic to get Dylan out of her heart. Well, she is still getting the commission from her company as long Dylan never get out of GQ Magazine contract.


7. (Alright I'm tired to summarize the movie, so lets end it with this happy ending ...) In the Dylan, being the gentlemen approached Jamie back, get on his knees to date Jamie for real with feeling and commitment attached.


As I listed the synopsis down, I get tired to summarize it because its way too complicated to put it in 1 phrase. This is how we live our life today; we complicate the simplest and sweetest part of our life, friendship. We can laughs and critics on this movie storyline but not to forget, it has to be based on real true life experiences, so it’s real. It might happen in your friendship too without we realized.


I have plenty male friend. I can name them here:

2009; from left-
Yahya, me and Peter
1. Pete Khamis- Tanzanian
2. Mohammad Yahya- Iranian
3. Emmanuel Itanyi- Nigerian
4. Mc Goven- Malaysian/Mirian
5. Dominic Jenna- Malaysian/Mirian
6. Richard – Malaysian/Kuchingian

And so on..I have more male friend than the female. It’s all because of my personality, rough and tough but still feminist. My Male friend and I never have complicated definition of friendship. It’s all about love.


When I was with no money back in my University's life, Peter and Yahya is the one feed me everytime I’m hungry. When Peter and Yahya are sick, I always cook and nurse them.


When I was down, Emmanuel and Dominic is the one makes me laugh with their ridiculous joke. When Emmanuel and Dominic is having problem with their assignment, I usually assist them.


When I do not want to go on the date alone, Mc Goven usually join in to meet my date to be the eyes. When Mc Goven have family problem, I always be the one who listens and pray for him.


When I have curiosity, I usually ask Richard. He answers me with the simplest clarification so that I understand. When Richard needs thought about ladies or women, I always share my opinion via this blogs or just s.m.s.


There might be some element where it ‘give-and-take’ involved in my friendship with the boys but it’s never to get any benefits for selfish reason. The selfish reason here means when only one side is satisfy with the friendship.


Jamie and Dylan story is way out the life God wants us to be in. For more explanation the sex and make-up point, do refer to (
Week 60: Sex - Save it for the Best! CLICK HERE to read).

Differentiation in gender and preferences are not supposed to be the barrier in friendship. If your girl friend or wife or fiancé who has closed male friend, please do not stop her to maintain the friendship. This world is not only belonging and run by you and your partner but it need to be complete with other pieces of life.
 ....
Click HERE for Part 1: Knowing your Friend’s Quality
Click HERE for Part 2: Toxic Friend
..........
Priscilla Andrew is from Miri, Sarawak. She's a daddy girl, so we might assume that she's quite a tough young lady. She loves to quote, ''Look at the world with your heart not with your head'' Writing on Being a Woman doesn't mean she's there already, this is a long term process. But along the way; she's learning and that's when this note come into written words.

Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. A friend who being friend don't need a price to be friend - the price is: Friend

    Thanks for this post Pris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gang , the label , dun just put woman, put this one too '' friendship , gender, discrimination '' for easy search for strangers .. hehe
    u r most welcome gang .. happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pris, your post is link to 'woman' label only. To include 'friendship' etc is not necessary because it doesn't affect anything. :P harap Maklum. hi2

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]