Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't Run Out of Fuel

I love riding motorcycle very much. It’s fast, cheap and easy to handle (and free parking too). One day while riding to work I found out that my motorcycle’s meter is about to indicate that my fuel is empty (I thought its ‘E’nough). So I ride to the nearby petrol station to fill it but as calculated in the Law of Mechanic – my motorcycle went off just about 100 meters from Shell petrol station. What a frustration!

This is a problem some people face. I have personally known many want-to-achieve people who sets their goals and started on their engine to destination only to drop out somewhere at the side of the road, because they didn’t have sufficient “fuel” to finish the ride. What a frustration! Give me 5 minutes to talk with someone and I could tell instantly if he or she had “fuel up” their “tank” lately. Chinese proverb summaries it well, “Dig the well before you are thirsty.”

If you desire to grow, it is critical that you have a long-term thinking. You must be certain that you have enough energy, resources and motivation to finish the ride.
Here are several things that you can do to stay “fuel up”;

Make a “Dream List” and stay motivated
Writing a blog that can motivate others is definitely one of items in my Dream List. Regularly talk about it and search ways to make it come true. Do you have a “Dream List”? If not, write one and see that written dreams will keep you motivated to achieve it.

Associate with Successful People
Be friend with many regardless their stand in the society but associate with success people more often because by spending more time with them; you can pick up their attitudes, habits and learn their success secrets. (P.s: Success here refer to holistic success of a men)

Attend Power-Packed Meetings
Go for conferences, seminars and talks that can boost your knowledge and generate more ideas. For me, attending Church meeting every Sunday help me to “fuel up” my mind and soul on the Word of God. Plus, it’s totally free!

Listen to Motivational and Teaching Audios
Nothing can beat my learning time than riding my bicycle every evening (if possible) and plug up my download motivational and teaching audios while enjoying the ride. You can do the same thing too; instead of listening to radio or unproductive music all day long, why don’t you download or buy some motivational and teaching audios this month. I guarantee you – you’ll get ‘fuel up’ much faster and effectively!

Read Mind-Building Books
Read books! Read books! Read books! Nothing can beat a physical, wood smelling and piled of papers other than a good book to empowered and motivate you. Read books!

Identify Fuel Leaks
Eliminate or reduce those things that drain you of productive energy and creativity such as too much watching Korean movies and Glee!

Sustain Spiritual Strength
Through regular devotions on the Word of God keep your ‘spirit man’ strong. Never close the day without reading God’s Word.

Friends, don’t run out of “fuel” – keep filling it! You don’t want to stop 100 meters from petrol station. Keep your tanks topped off by investing time in personal mental, physical, and spiritual renewal. I wish you the best and hey! Keep motivated.  THINK BIG. GO DEEP. START SMALL.  

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]