Sunday, December 13, 2020

Freedom, Authority & Scripture (1982) by James I. Packer, Book Review

 

Freedom, Authority & Scripture (1982) by James I. Packer

Before I was born, this book already existed 🤣 My first introduction to the late Dr. J.I. Packer is through his phenomenal life-changing book, Knowing God (fully recommend). It's a bit heavy in theology, but once you get the essences of it, your eyes will be open to see how the Scripture reveals the majesty and greatness of God. In Freedom, Authority & Scripture, Dr. Packer expands on the inerrancy and authority of the Scripture that can bring true freedom in our lives.

All of us want to be free, but many do not know what true freedom is, much less how to achieve it. Freedom is not freely doing whatever we want or desire without boundaries. Nor the liberty to harm others and the absence of responsibility. "There is no freedom apart from external authority," explains Dr. Packer, "To say 'I am my own authority, a law to myself' is to enslave myself to myself, which, as Seneca (the Roman moralist) said, is the worst bondage of all. Only as I bow to an authority which is not myself am I ever free." And what is that authority? God through the Scripture! "Real freedom is only ever found under authority - God's authority in Christ, the authority which reaches us via God's written Word." 📖🔥😊 #ServeToLead #1Book1Week #LeadersAreReaders #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain #FreedomAuthorityScripture #DrJIPacker

FB Page: https://facebook.com/LEGASI.tv/             
Podcast: https://anchor.fm/LEGASI.tv/          
YouTube: http://bit.ly/LEGASItv

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]