Sunday, July 9, 2017

Letters to Annabel: Learn from Your Mistakes


My daughter Annabel,

            Since the day your mom passed away, both you and dad are greatly affected. I know you love your mom so much, I do too, but she’s gone now. Anna, daddy loves you. Please do not let this tragedy cause you to rebel against God (we already talk about this), and stop making mistake by channelling your anger externally. Instead, I encourage you to express your feeling toward God your Father – and when I’m home soon, I’ll be by your side and listen and talk with you personally. Deal?

            About the mistakes that you wrote to me the other day, well darling, nobody likes ‘em but everybody makes ‘em. Sometimes, even if you’re a very good person, you’re going to mess things up. And when you do (I do too), God is always ready to forgive you. 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” God will do His part, but you should be willing to do your part too. Here is what you need to do:

1)    If you’ve been engaging in behaviour that is against the will of God, cease and desist (that means stop)
2)    If you made a mistake, learn from it and don’t repeat it (that’s called getting smarter)
3)    If you’ve hurt somebody, apologize and ask for forgiveness (that’s called doing the right thing)
4)    Ask for God’s forgiveness, too (He’ll give it whenever you ask, but you do need to ask)

My baby girl, today is the perfect day to make things right with everybody (and the word everybody includes yourself, your family, your teachers, your friends and Jesus the Lord). Your mom once told me, “Mistakes are the price you pay for being human; repeated mistakes are the price you pay for being stubborn. So don’t be hard-hearted: learn from your experiences – the first time!” Your mom knows that daddy is a stubborn man. Like I told you, be stubborn in your faith, but not in your heart :)

I’m coming home soon.

Daddy love you,
Rich


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]