Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Letters to Annie: Be Content and Grateful, Don't Be Trapped by Envy


Dear Annie,

            I miss you… Today I have to remind myself that I shouldn’t be envious of other couple’s intimacy and romance by comparing our long-distance relationship with theirs. I’m sorry because I felt that way. I want to be honest with you. I was struggling about it. Thank God because He strengthen me through His Word: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud” (1 Corinthians 13:4). God’s love in us doesn’t make us envy of others. I prayed about it and God have replaced my envious heart, that demonic-inspired envious to contentment and gratitude. It’s true when Charles Swindoll says, “When you worry about what you don’t have, you won’t be able to enjoy what you do have.” For a moment I forget that I got you! I love you! I thank God for every moment that we have together.

            Dear love, because we’re frail, imperfect human beings, we are sometimes envious of others. But God’s Word warns us that envy is sin. Thus, we must guard ourselves against the natural tendency to feel resentment and jealously when other people experience good fortune or great relationships. As believers, Annie, you and I, we have absolutely no reason to be envious of any people or couple on earth [Yeah!]. After all, as Christians we are already recipients of the greatest gift in all creation: God’s grace. We have been promised the gift of eternal life through God’s only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, and we must count that gift as our most precious possession. When we trust God and submit our relationship under Christ lordship, obedient to God’s Word – we have the greatest relationship of ALL! The unbelievers should be envious of us instead.

            Rather than succumbing to the sin of envy (like I was), we should focus on the marvellous things that God has done for us. And we must refrain from preoccupying ourselves with the blessings that God has chosen to give others. Dave Ramsey wisely said, “Contentment comes when we develop an attitude of gratitude for the important things we do have in our lives that we tend to take for granted if we have our eyes staring longingly at our neighbour’s stuff.” Our relationship is unique from everyone else. So we shouldn’t compare and envious of others. We must start counting our blessings and let others count theirs. It’s a godly way to live!

I surely learned this: feeling of envy will rob me of happiness and peace.
I will not allow myself to be robbed! You too, okay? We’re unique couple :)

You’re God’s gift to me,
I love you so much,
Richard

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]