Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Letters to Annie: Place a High Value on Your God-given Gifts


Dear Annie,

            You’re kind and most honest woman I ever know (Yes, I saw your flaws as you had seen mine. But it’s okay). There is not a single moment where I ever doubt your love for me and every words you said to me really encourage me a lot. Thank you for supporting me in the ministry. Thank you for being so committed in our relationship. Thank you for not giving up.
   

            Dear, I have to tell you this: You’re very talented woman. Even though you can’t compose words like I do (you said), you can do decorations very creatively. And much more. You, and every Christ followers, are a unique blend of talents, skills, and gifts – that you may consciously and unconsciously know of – which makes you an indispensable member of the body of Christ. Zig Ziglar said it nicely, “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” So use it!

            Face it, Annie, you’ve got an array of talents that need to be refined. Don’t waste it. Use it all for God’s glory. I’m doing what the Apostle Paul was doing to Timothy: “I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God” (2 Timothy 1:6). All people possess special gifts – bestowed from the Father above – and you are no exception. You have God-given gifts, so use it my dear love. Don’t keep it for yourself. Your gift(s) is no guarantee of success; it must be cultivated – by you – or it will go used… and God’s gift to you will be squandered.

            Today, as you read this, can we both make a New Year resolution to ourselves that we will earnestly seek to discover the talents and/or cultivate God’s gifts to us? Yes? Yeah! Let’s nourish those talents and make them grow. Then, let us promise also to share our gifts with the world for as long as God gives us the power and opportunities to do so. After all, my angel Annie, the best way to say “Thank You” for God’s gifts is to use them.

Assignment: Between this letter and the next, lets us take time to think about ways we can convert our talents into results. I’ll call you soon and ask about this okay…

Give thanks to God by giving back to Him and use our talents for Him. Amen.

I love you even more!
Richard


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]