Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Jesus Is God's Son: The Liar & Antichrist Denies This Truth (1 John 2:22-23)


And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also
(1 John 2:22-23, NLT).

Remember, the Apostle John was writing this letter to Christians, not to non-Christians. So, he reminds us here that the ultimate lie from those who called themselves ‘Christians’ is to deny that Jesus is God’s Son. In fact, if some people lie about this, they really can’t be trusted on anything else important. As I read the Scriptures, God’s Word clearly teaches that a person cannot know God without knowing the Son, Jesus Christ.

Again and again Jesus Himself said that to know Him was to know God Himself; to reject Jesus was to reject God. “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him” (Luke 10:22). One time, Jesus insisted that He and God were one and the same: “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me… I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. and I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say” (John 12:44-45, 49-50); “The Father and I are one” (John 10:30).

We see that our faith as Christians depends on the unique relationship that Jesus, the Son had with God the Father. It was so unique and different from the relationship an ordinary human being could have with God; it was a one-of-a-kind relationship. I know this can be difficult to understand, just as it is difficult for me to explain. But all I can gather from what the Scriptures and the Spirit teach is that to deny that Jesus is God’s Son is to deny God the Father as well; to believe that Jesus is God’s Son is to have a correct view of who God the Father is. We can know God partially from nature, even the world around us. But we can know God fully only through and by knowing the Son, Jesus Christ.

Friends, it’s all wrapped up together in one package. You can’t have Jesus without God the Father, and you can’t have God the Father without believing that Jesus was God’s Son. To believe otherwise, according to John, is to tell a terrible lie. “Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.” Amen.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]