Friday, April 3, 2015

I Dreamed a Very Good Friday Today


This morning I was troubled by my sins consciously. Suddenly that feeling and realization so overwhelming that I can’t prayed it out of my mind. Then I took a nap and had a dream. In a dream I saw a devil standing by a whiteboard and at the top of the board was my name: RICHARD ANGELUS. The devil, with permanence market in hand, was listing all of my sins, especially my ‘favourite’ sin, and the list goes on and on, filled all the whiteboard.

I was so depressed that I can’t stand the pain of guilt and agony of sinning against God. I cried. I was in despair knowing that my sins were many and that my heart was closed for the possibility of receiving forgiveness.  I thought I could never be forgiven. The devil attacked my mind and planted doubt to my faith.

But suddenly, in my dream, I saw a hand that was pierced by a nail, wrote these words on top of my list of sins: “The blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7). And then an almighty angel speaks in loud voice, “Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood” (Revelation 1:5). Another angel said this, “Not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption” (Hebrews 9:12). As I listened to God’s Word been spoken, I realized that the pierced hand – my Lord Jesus’ hand – blood flowed from His nail-pierced-wounded hand and amazingly washed my list of sins clean. The whiteboard was covered with His Blood and I can’t see my sins no more.

I woke up and I understand now that Good Friday (for me) is good because what the Good God, the Great Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. By His Blood I am forgiven! Rejoice! I think my dream was a mix of Martin Luther’s story and the Scripture that I read imaginatively. Wherever I get the ideas or thoughts that may contribute to my dream, I know that it was God who keeps reminding me that: “The blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” Let my security is in Jesus. In Him, I am free! Thank you God for this wonderful truth and reality. Thank you for the dream. Thank you for the cross. Amen.


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]