Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Let People See Jesus through Us

Healing touch: Mother Teresa and Sisters with patients at a mobile leprosy clinic in Kolkata
I like what I read from Mother Teresa, she writes:

“Once, someone asked me, ‘Why do you go abroad? Don’t you have enough poor in India?’ So I answered, ‘I think Jesus told us to go and preach to all the nations.’ That is why we go all over the world to preach his love and compassion.
When our Sisters were in Ceylon, a minister of state once told me something very surprising. He said, ‘You know, Mother, I love Jesus Christ but I hate Christians.’ So I asked him how that could be. He answered, ‘Because Christians do not give us Christ; they do not live their Christian lives to the full.’ Mahatma Gandhi said something very similar, ‘If Christians were to live their Christian lives to the full, there would not be one Hindu left in India.’ Isn’t it very true? This love of Christ should urge us to spend ourselves without ceasing.

A Mohammedan Mulvi was standing with Father Gabric and looking at a Sister bandaging the wound of a leper with so much love. She didn’t say anything, but she did something. He turned to Father and said, ‘All these years I believed that Jesus was a prophet, but today I know He is God because He has given so much love into the hands of this Sister.’ Even today, that Sister does not know that her action brought Jesus into the life of that man.”

The light, O Jesus, will be all from you – none of it will be mine.
It will be you shining on others through me.
Shine through me and be so in me
that every soul I come in contact with may feel your presence in my soul.
Let them look up and see Jesus.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]