Monday, April 15, 2024

Cultivate the Habits of Reading and Writing #LeadersAreReaders January 2024

If you followed the Chronological Bible Reading Plan, you would've read the Book of Genesis and Job. Well done! Every year I try to read through the Bible, but last year I didn't manage to finish on time because I read other books too. Well, this year I want to focus more on the Bible than other books (perhaps limited to one or two or, at the most, three per month). I've come to believe that if you want to grow as a Christian, especially in full-time ministry, cultivating the habits of reading and writing are indispensable.

Reading Christians, especially those who read and meditate on the Word of God, are God-loving Christians. We are called to
 "love the Lord [our] God with all [our] heart, [our] soul," and "[our] mind." Reading helps us to grow in knowledge and equips us to contend for the faith, to gain wisdom and understanding, to have the mind of Christ and to know God's will and the Spirit leading, and in my case, to teach, preach and give answers with conviction, confidence, and compassion. Besides, reading helps our minds to think, connect, and reflect.

Next, after reading, writing is important
. Initially, I didn't like to write because it consumed a lot of time, and I always failed my grammar. But once I 'force' myself to write, the outcomes are clarity of thought, exponential learning and retention, and mental satisfaction. And if you see writing as one of the ways to bring the Word of God to readers, then you're also benefiting others other than yourself. It is said that "clear writing is a sign of clear thinking" and "clear thinking is a sign of a well-organized mind." I agree. As full-time ministers, we must nurture our minds too, not just our hearts and souls.

So, friends, read and write!

#ServeToLead #ReadersAreLeaders #TheBible #ReadingAndWriting #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]