Monday, April 15, 2024

The 10-Minute Rule #LeadersAreReaders February 2024

The months of February and March are quite packed for me but I still managed to find time to read. First, it's due to necessity. If I don't read, I can't do my work and ministry efficiently. Secondly, it's due to habit. Since reading books is a part of my life, I can't imagine a day without reading, especially the Scriptures, even if only for a few sentences. Thirdly, it's due to a principle that I've practiced since last year: the 10-Minute Rule. Namely, starting to read from a book for at least 10 minutes every day. My aim is at least 10 minutes, but usually, I end up reading longer than that.

I find that this rule is helpful because it is achievable and a good way for me to jump-start my mind's engine! Plus, if I don't feel like I want to read (which is rare), I can just endure the 10 minutes and close the book! So, would you like to try a 10-Minute Rule? If it's too hard, try 5 minutes; you have to at least try. Reading books 1) keeps me inspired by other people’s thoughts and if I read the Scriptures, by God's thoughts, wow!; 2) gives me a different perspective; 3) restores my ability to be more discerning with my time; 4) encourages me to spend time with lasting benefits; 5) opens the creative flow as concepts and ideas appear in my mind; and many more. Pick a book, set the timing to 10 minutes, and read!

NOTE: Currently, I'm exploring Roman Catholicism. The book on the Eucharist by Bishop Robert Barron is inspiring, and as I examine the Scriptures and some traditions regarding the argument for transubstantiation, I find myself more inclined to this interpretation. Jimmy Akin, Trent Horn, Joe Heschmeyer, and especially Scott Hahn and Brant Pitre have argued very well on this subject. However, in the case of a book by Father Frederick William Faber on Purgatory, I still find myself skeptical. As I heard half a dozen arguments by Catholics to defend the doctrine of purgatory, I came to my initial suspicion that it is more philosophical rather than Scriptural. By the way, a debate between Trent and James White on this subject is interesting.

#ServeToLead #LeadersAreReaders #The10MinuteRule #ReadingIsLiving #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]