Saturday, November 12, 2022

Kidding: Childlike Solutions to Bullsh*t Adult Problems (2018) by Laura Jane Williams, Brief Review


I decided to make a very brief review of this one. I bought it from BookXCess last week and finished it during my wait for a delayed and turbulent flight from KL. It was a good read. Fun, light, and direct, and I already believe the core thesis of the book, namely, connect with your "inner child to make your mundane, complicated adult life much simpler (and happier)." At least, on the non-life-and-death stuff, I say, why so serious? It's NOT about being childish but childlike.

What I like: The author's storytelling ability, conversational writing style, vulnerabilities, and practical wisdom. Simple writing/thinking exercises inside the book are also very helpful for self-discovery. And, of course, hardcover.

What I dislike: Feminist-bend is obvious on this one, although very mild. Fault language.
Very minimum backup research to support her claims, most are based on her experiences.

#ServeToLead #LeadersAreReaders #Kidding #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

To read other articles on reading and book reviews,
CLICK HERE
All things media: https://linktr.ee/LEGASI.tv 

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]