Friday, February 23, 2018

Help Child Deal with Divorce #1 Annabel, You're Not Alone



Dear Annabel,

            Weeks after your parents divorced, you asked uncle, “Why me? Why are my parents getting divorced? What did I do to deserve this?” This is not your fault. I know this is hard for you, and I want you to know that I’m here for you if you want to share your feelings and thoughts. You’re just like my own daughter. Your father and I are very close, you know that.

            Divorce can make even the smartest person in the world say, “I don’t know what to do or how to feel.” A number of years ago, my parents got divorced too. At that time, I thought it was the worth thing that could ever happen to anyone. I was sad, confused, embarrassed and I couldn’t sleep. My stomach hurt. Many times I asked God, ‘Why?

            When people get divorced they often have a really hard time. So do their kids. Divorce is an uncomfortable experience for the whole family. Nobody likes it, not even the mom or dad who decided to end the marriage. During my visits to schools and campuses as Christian staff worker, I have spoken to many young people like you whose parents have split up. Most of these students couldn’t find answers to the million questions they had about the divorce. They have been through situation just like you. I’m too. You’re not alone.

            If you want to make sense of it all – this divorce and separations – I want to help you to get through it. I know you are having a hard time trying to understand what’s going in, no matter how brave and strong you are. I hope I can answer some of the difficult questions you might have about what you are experiencing now. I hope my letters to come will gives you the encouragement and strength you need during this tough time. I hope you can overcome this challenging situation out of your parents’ divorce with new hope and understanding. Annabel, believe uncle when I say that you won’t always feel as sad, confused and upset as you are possible feeling right now. Our God is the Father of the fatherless like you and me. The Scripture says, “[Those] who hope in the LORD will renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:31). Be hopeful my child!

                                                                                                            Your friend and uncle,
Angelus

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]