Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Grace-Shaped Life (Free Books Inside)

Pic taken from: rachelwojo.com
Some years ago I [Max Lucado] underwent a heart procedure. My heartbeat had the regularity of a telegraph operator sending Morse code. Fast, fast fast. Slooooow. After several failed attempts to restore healthy rhythm with medication, my doctor decided I should have a catheter ablation. The plan went like this: a cardiologist would insert two cables in my heart via a blood vessel. One was a camera; the other was an ablation tool. To ablate is to burn. Yes, burn, cauterize, singe, brand. If all went well, the doctor, to use his coinage, would destroy the “misbehaving” parts of my heart.

As I was being wheeled into surgery, he asked if I had any final questions. (Not the best choice of words.) I tried to be witty.

“You’re burning the interior of my heart, right?” “Correct.”
“You intend to kill the misbehaving cells, yes?” “That is my plan.”
“As long as you are in there, could you take your little blow- torch to some of my greed, selfishness, superiority, and guilt?”
He smiled and answered, “Sorry, that’s out of my pay grade.”

Indeed it was, but it’s not out of God’s. He is in the business of changing hearts.
[Excerpt taken from GRACE © Max Lucado, 2012, Thomas Nelson Publishing]

Do you feel as if you’re more damaged than diamond? More stuck than swift? More mistake than masterpiece? You’re not. God’s grace – his rumbling, tumbling reservoir of strength and protection – is at work. You are God’s masterpiece in the making. So let’s let grace do its work. Want to read a graceful book about the Master of Grace, Jesus? Try this simple 52-pages book, Shaped By Grace by Max Lucado. Request your copy now! Limited to 3 responders ONLY. Write your comment, “I want to read this book because…” and send me your mailing address to adam_son_no7@hotmail.com. And I will send the book to you, no string attached.

Merry Christmas!

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

5 comments:

  1. For example,

    I want to read this book because I want to know more about this God of grace, Jesus the author of grace :)

    [Then send me your name and mailing address to Adam_son_no7@hotmail.com to received your copy of Max Lucado's Shaped By Grace book]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book because I want to know more about this God of grace, Jesus the author of grace ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I received your e-mail.
      2 more books to go! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read this book because I need the WORD in it to b my constant reminder to a deceived, worldly heart..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will have the book :) Know that God's love endure forever.

      Delete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]