Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Top 20 Book on Personal Development Lists


My ultimate teacher is Jesus and my sole resource is the Bible. But I don’t want to limit my reading only to “Christian” books. I want to expose myself with other wise counsellors and leaders available to me. Books are my mentors. The more I read, the more prepared I will be to cultivate and achieve my dreams and get to help others too. Make time to read. Seek wise counsellors. Gain new perspectives. Glean deep insights. Surround yourself with people (writers) who have achieved the impossible, and they will direct you to your own victory in life. “You become who you hang out with,” write Michael Hyatt, “so hang out with life-changers, and your life will be changed. Read. You will never be the same”.

Here are my Top 20 Book on Personal Development Lists that I would like to recommend with cautions: a) They may not necessary believe in our Biblical God; b) Some of their methods, ideas and principles, I do not agree, even to some extent – dangerous; and c) read to improve yourself, don’t get obsesses! Here are my lists:

1)    The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
2)    Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins (also Unlimited Power)
3)    How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (also How to Stop Worrying and Start Living)
4)    The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
5)    Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
6)    The New Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz (Edited and Updated by Dan Kennedy)
7)    As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
8)    See You at the Top by Zig Ziglar (also Over the Top, Better than Good, and How to Be a Winner)
9)    The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
10) Eat That Frog! By Brian Tracy (also Change Your Thinking Change Your Life)
11) David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
12) The Element by Ken Robinson
13) Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
14) The Art of Exceptional Living by Jim Rohn (also The Seasons of Life and Cultivating an Unshakable Character)
15) The Strangest Secret by Earle Nightingale
16) Attitude is Everything by Keith Harrell
17) The Leader Who had No Title by Robin Sharma (also The Greatness Guide)
18) Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell (Oh there are many other titles by John that I love to read!)
19) How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield
20) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (no doubt that this is a personal development book written in the form of novel)

I’m sure there are many other books that I would like to recommend but 20 is enough, I think.
Oh I love books! I love to read.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]