Sunday, September 1, 2013

Of Course You Can


Author Muriel Anderson says that four of the most important words in her life are “Of course you can”.

“I was fortunate,” she wrote, “to have a father who was good at shouting of course you can at just the right moments.”

Once when she was in a high-school her family had moved to a city from a small town. She loved the place and wrote an article about it, wanting more than anything to have the article published in the small-town, weekly paper. She didn’t expect to be successful, though, because the paper was a weekly with a tight budget who bought practically no freelance material.

“I don’t think I can get it published,” she said.
“Of course you can,” said her dad. And she did – launching her career as a writer.[Story taken from Handbook of Short Story Writing (Cincinnati: Writer’s Digest Books, 1970, Page 1]

I once said to myself,
“I can’t write. I can’t update my blog frequently,
I can’t inspired others, I can’t be a good encourager,
I can’t… I can’t….”
And the Lord simply whispers:
“Richard, with Me, of course you can”
Anything doing for His Glory, for good works – of course we can!
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]