Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Name Above Every Name


How to express my experiences, my thoughts and my feelings for God this week? Too great and so abundant that I find it is inexpressible. My words are limited. Therefore I need help. And then I read this beautiful poet today and I want to share with you as my expression of Who God is to me:

The Name Above Every Name
By John H. Sammis

O What is Jehovah El Shaddai to me?
My Lord, God and Savior, Immanuel, He;
My Prophet, Priest, Sacrifice, Altar, and Lamb;
Judge, Advocate, Surety, and Witness, I AM;
My Peace and my Life, my Truth and my Way;
My Leader, My Teacher, my Hope, and my Stay;
Redeemer and Ransom, Atonement, and Friend;
He’s Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End.

Yea more is Jehovah El Shaddai Beside –
Avenger and Shepherd, and Keeper and Guide;
My horn of Salvation, my Captain in war;
My Dayspring, my Sun, and my Bright Morning Star;
My Wonderful Counselor, Wisdom, and Light;
My Shadow by day and my Beacon by night;
Pearl, Ornament, Diadem, Treasures untold;
My Strength and my Sun, in Him I behold.

All this is Jehovah Ropheka and more –
My Bread and my Water, my Dwelling, my Door;
My Branch and Vine, my Lily and Rose;
Rock, Hiding Place, Refuge, Shield, Covert, Repose;
My sure Resurrection, my Glory above;
My King in His beauty, my Bridegroom, my Love;
My All and in all in Christ Jesus I see,
For God hath made Him to be all things to me.
Now say to thy soul, “What is He to thee?”

Jesus is my Lord and Savior
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]