Thursday, July 26, 2012

Prayer on Your Birthday

“Is my growing old making me any closer to Christ?
Am I only getting older or am I getting more godly?”
(Henri Nouwen)

Birthday boys and gals pray with me ya. This month is ours:

Lord, you know that I am growing older. Keep me from the idea that I must express myself on every subject. Release me from the craving to meddle in everyone’s affairs, oh, not too busybody and forbid me from being gossiper.
Keep my tongue from the recital of endless details of the past which most of the time do not interest others. Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my own aches and pains first as if I am the only one who went through it alone. Instead, help me to listen to others first.
Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong. Teach me to be humble. Make me thoughtful but not interfering, helpful but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom and experience it does seem a pity not to use it all, but you know Lord, that I want a few friends left at the end. So help me to pray more, say less.
And beyond all this, let me continue to flourish spiritually and bring forth fruit to Thy glory even as my age increases. Amen!


Remember: Age is a matter of mind. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. He2 cute :) Thnks Richie... Love ur blog. God bless u mightily.
    Ms. Nina

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]