Saturday, June 23, 2012

Jesus is the Only way to Salvation. Someone asked, “How can you be so sure?”

That is your opinion,” she said. “I appreciate it. Thank you.”
Oh…” I replied, “I’m telling you the truth. There is only One way to salvation; that is, through Jesus.”
You’re so religious… I’m a Christian too okay, but I don’t know… how you can be so sure?” she doubted.
The Bible said so.”

The question astonished me to the core. It bothers me, not because of her question, that’s normal. But because where does the question coming from: a person who called herself a Christian. It is clear that the Scriptures recorded that Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me” (John 14:6NLT) Jesus doesn’t says, ‘I am one of many ways’ or ‘one of the way is through me’ but clearly said that – He is THE way, THE truth, and THE life.

Now, let’s talk about truth, since I said, ‘I’m telling you the truth’  to her. Today, the concept of truth is almost disappearing in our generations. Most motivational books, movies, and self-help seminars are telling us something like this: ‘Truth is whatever you believe in. You’re in control and only you can determine what’s right and wrong. You are the master of your own. Your destiny is in your hand. What makes you happy, that’s the truth!’ So there’s no concept of actual truth, just what you believe in, that’s the truth for you. So wickedly wrong!

Do you know that there are 3 kinds or concept of truth? First, there’s telling the truth. Someone being honest or being trustworthy, therefore we know that they are telling the truth. It is essential in relationship. We have to be truthful if we want relationships to work. Second, there’s absolute truth. For example, the truth (the law) of gravity is that when you drop an object, it will definitely fall down. [Try to imagine that you jump from the highest point of Twin Tower Petronas building and I ask you to think positive that you will not fall down… would you fall or not?] Or in Mathematical equation, 1 plus 1 equal to 2. Or just observe the absolute truth about life. All of us enter this world as a baby; all of us someday exists this world through death. That’s the absolute truth!

But what I’m saying when I said ‘I’m telling you the truth’ is not the first two concepts, but the third one. That is, the spiritual truth. This kind of truth has to do with human relationship with God and others that are absolute and never will change (constant) despite our feelings and beliefs to the contrary. But you see, we, humans always wanted to tailor-make truth for ourselves to suit our own conditions or if it doesn’t fit our ideal of truth, we tent to ignore it or worst, to believe that it doesn’t exist at all.

When Jesus telling the truth: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”, for this is what had been recorded in the Scriptures (or the Bible as we called it today), it doesn’t left us with anymore option. He is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. I know that this kind of truth may be hard to swallow and very difficult to accept for some of you, BUT ‘I’m telling you the truth’ – what Jesus have claimed about Himself, as the Only Way to the Father, will definitely affect the way you live here on earth as well as your eternal destiny. Just like the law of gravity; what’s goes up will surely fall, it is even surer that “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16). The Way is exclusive: Only through Jesus, but the Invitation is open to all; everyone who wants to believe in Him.

Her question, ‘How you can be so sure?’ oh, I’m sure, because the Bible said so… because Jesus said so. I’m willing to sacrifice my life for it. However, you are free to ignore this truth if you choose to, but I have to warn you (not threaten you): you do so at your own risk, both now and for eternity. Would you believe this TRUTH?

Truthful words stand the test of time,
but lies are soon exposed
.” (Proverbs 12:19NLT)
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

…………………………………..
Reference:
1) Divine Moments of Students: Everyday Inspiration from God’s Word. © 2008 by Ronald A. Beers.


Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]