Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's Not about Me

There really is more to this life that you’ve been told.
We’ve been demanding our way since day one…
I want a spouse that makes me happy and co-workers that always ask my opinion.”
I want weather that suits me and traffic that helps me and a government that serves me.”
Self-promotion, self-preservation, self-centeredness…
“It’s all about me.”

They all told us it was, didn’t they? And we took them up on it. We thought self-celebration would make us happy…
But believing that has created chaos – noisy homes, stress-filled business, and cutthroat relationships. We’ve chased so many skinny rabbits, says Max Lucado, that we’ve missed the fat one: the God-centered life.
[Paperback review from Max Lucado’s It’s not about Me]

Yes, we have missed the fat rabbit: the God-centered life. Today, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been slowly replaced by the Me Gospel. Slowly… the Sunday message is no more about what God have done for us, but what we have achieve in our life. The Christian Gathering is no more about Jesus (though passionately sing “It’s all about Jesus”), but how we can manipulate God into our own self-happiness agenda and programs. Our prayer meeting is no more about communicating with God, but a place where we shut Him up and bombarded Him with our wish lists (which 95% about our own needs), thinking that he is a genie in the bottle.
How we have turned away from God to self! 
How we are deceiving and being deceived!

Hey! It’s not about you, it’s not about me – this life is about Jesus. And when we get it right with Him, when we ‘seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously...’ (Matthew 6:33NLT), when we life a God-centered life, we are truly living. You will find the purpose and the meaning of you life… after all; He is the God who created you. He knows what’s best for you… let Him be the center of your life – It's not about Me, It's about Jesus.

THINK BIG Think less about yourself… think God and others more often.
START SMALL Offer your life to God and by His grace, live a righteous life.
GO DEEP  Jesus said,"seek the Kingdom of God above all else,
and live righteously,
and he will give you everything you need
."
.............................................................................................................................. 
  July 2012 FREE Book
I’m giving away ONLY 3 copies of It's not about Me; Rescue from the Life we thought would make us Happy by Max Lucado. If you never receive any book from Motivates4Life before, you are welcome to get a copy for yourself. Do these 2 things:
  1. Comment below “Rich, give me one copy___(Your name). Really, this life is not about me but for God's Glory"
  2. E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address. Thank you.
Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

  1. Example,
    “Rich, give me one copy, John Doe. Really, this life is not about me but for God's Glory"

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Rich, give me one copy, Amanda. Really, this life is not about me but for God's Glory"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digesting reader :PJuly 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

    I Wish Heaven have internet so I can send thousand of emails to Jesus and ask lots lots lots of things like what i saw in movie...:P
    God!!!!
    *i don't know what to type here but it must be an interesting book.but i don't really read book ya know. But, Tell u what Some1 use to says "Everything made based on yourself/self-centered decision would have about 99.99999% of failure.Even if u succeed, is it really a succeed?"
    others tell me "Put God first in everything You do and HE Will crown your every effort with success. The greatest,joyful,happiest success ever!!"
    and IT'S TRUE!!!
    therefore.let's start changing ourselves into God-life center!
    *p/s: changes doesn't mean we have to change dramatically.take your time.HE GOT LOTS OF TIME! Don't worry like your life is a congested traffic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please give me a copy I relize this life is not about me Its about living roughtous and not being self centered. its about focousing on God and how he longs for us to live in his heavenly
    kingdom when the time come. He wants us to wake up and know he is the Lord of all Lords. and he is to be praised

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, give me one copy, Gita. Really, this life is not about me but for God's Glory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all,thank you for requesting this book. Happy Reading and Discovery!

    Sorry for my late reply:
    1) Amanda,
    2) Gita,
    3) Anonymous, send me an e-mail ya [ur full name, contact no., and home address ya. Don't worry, your detail is for me to mailing book ONLY]

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]