Sunday, December 4, 2011

Small Thing. Big Deed. Great God

Weather was hot and my brain was fried. My lung longing for cold water. I felt like I was stranded in an African desert, though i never been there... but yeah: I thought I was there! Way before the existence of car key in my pocket, I used to wait for bus. There were no keys-clinging but coins-clinging on my pocket. I only have Rm2:- Rm0.80 for my bus fee and another Rm1.20 should be for my ice-cream-lung-treatment. But before I managed to stop the motorcycle-ice-cream man, amazing thing happened; bus was coming. 
There were 2 kids suddenly rushed through my way and asked, "Brother, do you have money?"
Of course i have; for my ice-cream! 
"How much do you want?", I asked the boys.
"2 for Rm1.20", said the conductor bus on their behalf so that we'll be quick. "Here", i said giving the rest of my money to him. My ice-cream time imagination was over but I received a better one, a human natural cooling system; a kind and gratitude words: "Thank you, brother."
..............................
How much do you have to do to change the world? How much do you have to give to touch people's life? For a starter, not much - just using what you already have. David used only a brook pebble to bring down the giant Goliath. A poor widow titles only few coins, and yet Jesus praise her generosity and sacrificial gifts. Moses only had a staff to work his troublesome task. Samson fight his enemies only by using a single animal jawbone. Mary only offers some ointment for Jesus' feet. Dorcas only had a needle... All were used by God to touch people's life. Amazingly, He use small thing to rouse a big deed to show how great God He is!


What do you have? Much more than you might think. How much should you give? Just what you have. God cherish small deed done in a simple way from a big-hearted giver. 

"Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion... your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." (1 Corinthians 9:8-11NIV)



THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]