Thursday, December 15, 2011

Adriana's Birthday and the Message of Christmas

Dear readers,

Last week my uncle invited us to celebrate his granddaughter’s birthday. Cute Adriana is 2 years old this year. Dozens of family members were invited to celebrate this wonderful day. Uncle, especially, was so excited that he informed me 3 days before the event. By 7pm, most of my closest family members arrived. Sound of kids pierced through the silent of the night. Conversation was so intense like they never met one another for 100 years. I was bombarded with light and heavy questions from personal matters to global issues. In one moment, I thought I was under trail in court.

After a brief prayer and blowing candles, we all enjoy the rest of the evening with delicious foods and cordial drink. Beers were served. Chatting was on the air. By this time, everyone knows who’s who in the family. Happy face on displayed. Satisfied tummy is sure… but we forget… I forget about Adriana. I forget that this is hers’ birthday. I mean, I lost the main objective of the event (I don't even shake her hand). We were so wrapped up in what this party has to offer; mouth-watery food, warm house and great hospitality that we miss the present of to whom the day was offer: Adriana. The very object of that day’s celebration had been forgotten, neglected, and nearly smothered. Similarly, many people overlook the main point of Christmas – celebrating the birth of Christ. That’s the message of Christmas!

I’m aware that Jesus didn’t really born on this particular date, I know that Christmas may have some sort of pagan religion celebration and I’m conscious that Greek mythology may inspired this event of the year. But for Christians, well-informed and mature Christians who know the TRUTH and well aware of the danger of celebrating Jesus’ Birth on specific date – know that Christmas is only a matter of time for us to honor His Birth. It’s a time for us to remember, to ponder, to meditate, to appreciate His Love for us. It’s true when someone say that we should celebrate His Birth everyday (Honestly, how many of us really done that?) but to intentionally celebrate together, every Christians around the world, all part of the globe focus their mind on Christ – the Wonderful and Mystery love of God; “The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:14) is what matter most! That’s the message of Christmas!

As I looked at young Adriana, I thought, she is born to bring joy to his parents. Everyone around her, especially my uncle, of course, loves her very much. She’s a precious jewel in her mother’s eyes and tattoo of thankfulness on her father’s chest. Her birthday was a remembrance of the goodness of God. But that’s all I can say, she’s yet to grow in age…

Jesus was similar and different from her. He was similar. Born of a woman; clothed as an infant. He brings joy to Mary and Joseph. Angels sing heavenly songs at this Precious Jewel of the universe, shepherds praising God in thanksgiving. But He was different. He was God in human form. He was the Creator of the universe. “The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” His incarnation make us closer to God. Unlike Adriana; Jesus was born to die. This divine baby grew into a perfect man who willingly died for your sins and mine (including Adriana) Yes, He was born at the manger but died at the cross. That’s the message of Christmas!
When we look beyond the manger
To the cross of Calvary,
 We will know the reason Christmas
Brings such joy to you and me. (D. De Haan)
That’s the message of Christmas! 

With Love,
Richard
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.



Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]