Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 17: Prayer in Harmony with God

Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me.” (John 11:41-42)
You are my Son; today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will give You.” (Psalm 2:7-8 NKJV)
 A fair questions raised by Andrew Murray; How extensive is the power of prayer? How can God grant to prayer such mighty power? How can prayer be harmonized with the will of God? How can God’s sovereignty and our will – God’s liberty and ours – be reconciled?

He further explained that it is the result of the perfection of God. He writes, “Seeking answers to such questions provides the key to the very being of God in the mystery of the Holy Trinity. If God were only one Person, shut up within Himself, there could be no thought of nearness to Him or influence on Him. But in God there are three Persons: Father and Son, Who have in the Holy Spirit their living bond of unity and fellowship. When the Father gave the Son a place next to Himself as His equal and His counselor, He opened a way for prayer and its influence into the very inmost life of Deity itself.”

When we have our union with the Son, our prayer is taken up and can have ‘its influence into the very inmost of Deity itself.’ When we abide in the Son Who know the very will of God, we can have confident that our prayer in the name of Jesus is assured and will be answer. When we pray to the Father through the Son by the Spirit with faith, we can be sure that our prayer is in harmony with God’s plan.

Jesus’ prayer in John 11:42-43 was not really a petition, but thanksgiving to the Father. It shows the authenticity of His claims to be the Messiah and Son of God. “I knew that you always hear me” is the assurance of our Mediator. As for the Father, He promises that “Ask of Me, and I will give You” Andrew Murray puts it this way, “In the bosom of Deity nothing is ever done without prayer- the asking of the Son and the giving of the Father.” This is how our prayer is in harmony with God.

Let me end today’s lesson with words from Oswald Chambers;
God always hears the prayers of His Son, and if the Son of God is formed in me the Father will always hear my prayers.”
.....

Note: I’m writing this article assumed that you had read my previous articles on the subject of prayer and you’re a Christian who believes about the Trinity. If you’re not, all these articles might make no sense to you.

References:
1.      The message of Prayer by Tim Chester
2.      MacArthur’s Bible Study
3.      The Trinity by Rose publishing


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]