Sunday, December 24, 2017

Book Review: The Message of 2 Timothy, Guard the Gospel (1973) by John R. W. Stott


The Message of 2 Timothy: Guard the Gospel (1973) by John R. W. Stott

I love The Bible Speaks Today commentaries because it's characterised by a threefold ideal: to expound the biblical text with accuracy, to relate it to contemporary life, and to be readable. God still speaks through what He has spoken, and that nothing is more necessary for the life, health and growth of Christians than that we should hear what the Spirit is saying to us through His ancient - yet ever modern - Word.

Okay, the book. I've read this book twice. Very good! I simple love how John Stott expounds the Word especially 2 Timothy. John writes, "During the gestation of this book I seem to have lived inside the second letter of Paul to Timothy in imagination I have sat down beside Timothy and have tried myself to hear and heed this final charge from the aging apostle... On each occasion I have been impressed afresh by the timeliness for today what the apostle writes; especially for young Christian leaders. For our era is one of theological and moral confusion, even of apostasy and the apostle summons us, as he summoned Timothy, to be strong, brave and steadfast."

Indeed, this book is not just timeless but also timely for me.
My favourite is 1 Timothy, no doubt.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]