Friday, September 5, 2014

What to Say When You Stand Up for What is Right?


Christians must stand firm in their faith and stand up for what is right according to the Word of God and by their conscious. Most of us failed to stand up when face with temptation because we are afraid to say – No! Here I want to teach you how to say “No” more frequently for the glory of God. Questions that I want to deal here are two folds: How do you refuse to take part in an activity without putting down the person who asks you? How to be in the world and not of the world? There are a few things you should remember:

Most times, you can simply smile and refuse without going any deeper into it. If you are offered a smoke, drugs, or drink, simply say, “No thanks” – either “No, thanks. I don’t drink” or “No, thanks, I don’t use drugs.” Say it simply, sweetly, with a smile. Don’t put them down by some kind of looks or words in any way.

If they ask you why not, or press you, just give a straight short testimony for the Lord. That will almost always finish off all offers; and secretly, they may admire you for your stand. Just say, “Well, to tell you the truth, I’ve given my life to Jesus, and He owns my body. I don’t need… (drugs, cigarettes, drink, etc.)”. Or try to use my favourite reply, something like this, “I know you may think this is strange or over religious, but I’ve given my life to the Lord Jesus and things like that don’t matter to me anymore. To do this would violate my covenant with Him. I hope you will understand.”

If you are brave enough and want to go into witness mode, then use some of these replies: If they offer you to drink says, “No thanks. I have come across the most wonderful drink in the universe call ‘Living Water.’ Since I tasted it, all drink are tasteless to me.” If they offer you drugs says, “No thanks. I found something that is greater than the temporary trip and it never wears off. Once you start on it, you never want to use anything else.If they offer you whatever that are harmful to you says, “No thanks! I can’t do it [fill in the blank], I’m dead!” (Read Romans 6:2, 3, 6, 8, 11).

If the not-yet-Christian guys want to take you girls out on a date says, “I’m honoured by your invitation, but I’m afraid I can’t accept it.” If he ask you, “Why not?” Then kindly say, “I’ve given my life to Jesus and have decided that the guys I date must love Him more, if not the same as I do.” If he want to persuade you and say, “How will you know that’s true if you don’t go out with me?” Say, “I’d be happy to have you come and meet some of my friends so that we could talk about it.” Then bring him to a meeting and meet your pastor and Christian friends.

One more thing, if you girls have been going with a guy (may it be someone who claim to be Christian for the matter of fact) who is bad for you, and you want to break up with him, use “I’m sorry I won’t be able to go out with you anymore. I’m married.” Now, is that telling lie? No! If you have just became a Christian, Jesus is your spiritual Husband (see Isaiah 54:5 and Ephesians 5:23).

Remember, the secret of standing up for what is right is to be God-ward positive in your personal testimony. Suggest alternatives if you are invited to go to some place that will compromise your faith in Jesus. For example, “I wouldn’t like to go there, but how about us going ………. Instead?” If you still get pressed, even after you have refused once and given your testimony, then have one further step. Tell them, “You don’t understand. I can’t do this because I would hurt God’s heart if I did. Jesus means more to me than anyone else in the world. It would be wrong and selfish for me to do this. I just can’t do it.” Turn and walk away. So long and good bye!


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]