Thursday, December 5, 2013

"Risk is Right": Book for Christians who Don't Want to Waste their Lives


Bildo in 'The Hobbit' is taking risk... and that is right!

There are a thousand ways to magnify Christ in life and death. None should be scorned. All are important. But none makes the worth of Christ shine more brightly than sacrificial love for other people in the name of Jesus. If Christ is so valuable that the hope of his immediate and eternal fellowship after death frees us from the self-serving fear of dying and enables us to lay down our lives for the good of others, such love magnifies the glory of Christ like nothing else in the world” (John Piper, in Risk is Right. Page 15)

About the Book
A choice lies before you: Either waste your life or live with risk. Either sit on the sidelines or get in the game. After all, life was no cakewalk for Jesus, and he didn’t promise it would be any easier for his followers. We shouldn’t be surprised by resistance and persecution. Yet most of us play it safe. We pursue comfort. We spend ourselves to get more stuff. And we prefer to be entertained.

We are all tempted by the idea of security, the possibility of a cozy Christianity with no hell at the end. But what kind of life is that really? It’s a far cry from adventurous and abundant, from truly rich and really full, and it’s certainly not the heights and the depths Jesus calls us to.

Discover in these pages a foundation for fearlessness. Hear God’s promise to go with you into the unknown. And let Risk Is Right help you see the joys of a faith-filled and seriously rewarding life of Jesus-dependent abandon!
[About the Book is taken from: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/books/risk-is-right]

For whosoever would save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25, ERV)
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

FREE BOOKS!
This month of December 2013, I would like to offer my readers 5 BOOKS (ONLY) entitled ‘Risk is Right’ by John Piper.
You are welcome to get a copy of this book for yourself by simply do these 2 things:

  1. First, comment below “Rich, give me one copy (Your name). I hope that through this book I can/may… [Not less than 10 words]”
     
  2. Then, E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook account your real name, phone no. and your postal address. Thank you.
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Bro Richard, I [Ebie Langut] want this book. I don't have specific reason why I want it, but I know that this book might inspired me (and others) to live this challenging life (this is reality) especially as a Jesus follower. I've been through it before, and I know there are more to come. And we,who call ourselves as a follower will face a really great tribulation, persecution, challenges, etc; and this is reality too. We need to choose? No, because we don't have any choice. Life is a journey, it's moving forward:we are human(living thing), we're moving.The challenges (risk) are there at the certain point along the journey. If we're moving forward we will encounter the challenges, one won't if he/she is not moving. My point is that this is good book (I know I haven't read it yet) for us; Christian/follower (specifically).
    *Nah, there you go. I can't resist to type this long comment. But my intention is to own the book..gheeee :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]