Sunday, October 1, 2023

Try Reading Nonfiction Books #LeadersAreReaders June-July 2023

Obviously, based on my monthly reading lists, I love to read nonfiction books. The reasons are many. For one, I always have the urge to learn something new. That urge is definitely sparked by my reading choices. Second, I like to challenge myself. Not all books are well written, and that goes for nonfiction too. However, I believe that a well-written piece of nonfiction can read like a novel (Robert Greene's books are excellent examples of what I'm talking about here). I love learning about human nature, psychology, philosophy, theology, a bit of history, and fascinating ideas — cliche, I know.

Third,
it’s a never-ending rabbit hole of topics. For example, I might read a book about miracles, signs, and wonders. Then pick a Bible commentary on the Acts of the Apostles, then a book on Charismatic and Pentecostal movements, then a book on church history and early fathers, then... you see where I’m going with this. Every book provides a gateway into the next. Reading nonfiction has introduced me to all walks of life, great ideas and discoveries in the world’s history, people who make a difference in the world, stories of faith and inspiration, and new perspectives on seeing things around me.

Some people might argue that you can learn all these things from fiction, and you can; I’m not arguing with that. I guess what I’m trying to say is, don’t be afraid to try something new. Challenge yourself to read one nonfiction book and go into it with your eyes wide open. You might be surprised at how satisfying it can be.

#ServeToLead #LeadersAreReaders #NonfictionBooks #TryNewThings #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

To read my other book reviews/summaries,
CLICK HERE

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

 

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]