Friday, November 18, 2016

Letters to Little Richard #1 Remember that It's Your Life and Be Responsible


Dear little Richard,

            If you make a big-time mistake – and if you get caught – what’s the first thing you’re tempted to do? I know you, you’re going to find somebody or something to blame. Don’t do it bro. Forget about playing the blame game. Here is what I learned over the years: The more excuses you make – and the less responsibility you take – the less likely you are to learn anything from your experiences.

Rich, the sooner you begin taking responsibility for your actions, the sooner you’ll start growing into a mature, sensible, clear-thinking adult. As E. Stanley Jones once says, “Transformation will begin in any life – in yours – when you stand up and say: ‘I’m responsible for the kind of person I am. I am what I’ve wanted to be. Now I’ve changed my mind. I’m sorry for what I am and for what I have done. I’m going to be different. God help me.’” If you don’t do this, the opposite is also true: The longer you postpone accepting responsibility for your actions, the longer it will take you to really grow up.

Richard, my brother, it’s your life, which means that the person you see in the mirror is the very same person who’s responsible for the things you do, the things you say, and the mistakes you make. No exceptions! Therefore, “I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received” (Ephesians 4:1) in Christ. I know that God is sovereign in all things and at the same time we’re human with responsibility. “God will take care of everything,” writes Lisa Whelchel, “the rest is up to you.” Remember my advice to you here. Meanwhile read the Word daily ya. I’ll write more soon…

Your big brother,
Richard

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]