Friday, November 14, 2014

Gary Lamb's Advice for Me on Blogging

"Make sure you have thick skin" just like elephant. 
Gary Lamb is the founder and lead pastor of Ridge Stone Church in Canton, Georgia. The church started in 2004 and is known for its creativity and emphasis on those who don’t normally attend church. In Brian Bailey’s book The Blogging Church (John Wiley & Sons, Inc: 2007), Gary shares three advice that are very helpful for us to remember as we write blog:

“Blogging has become a huge part of my life in a very short time. I can’t put a price on the friendships and networks that I have formed through blogging. This sounds funny, but my church wouldn’t be what it is today without these relationships.
            I have three pieces of advice. First, be aware that the written word shows no emotions. People many times can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, funny, or whatever other emotion you are trying to portray. I have offended many people without ever meaning to when what I wrote was read differently than what I meant.
            Second, make sure you have thick skin. Anyone can read what you write. Unfortunately, that includes critics who want nothing more than to destroy and tear down the work God has called you to do.
            Finally, remember that the people in your church are reading your blog, not just other pastors (Richard: I also must remember that students are reading my blog). They are reading between the lines, trying to figure out who you are and what you are talking about. Sometimes, they misread things and think they know the ‘inside scoop.’ This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s something to always remember as you blog.”

First, be aware that the written word shows no emotions
Second, make sure you have thick skin
Lastly, remember that people do read your blog
I hope this words will encourage you to start blogging (or to write blog again)
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]