Saturday, November 1, 2014

You Always Have a Choice


My life is not made by the dreams I dream
but by choices I make” (Unknown)

Remember, in life, you don’t have to do anything. You have a choice. You can choose to do whatever you think is important enough for you. How many times have I heard people complained, “Why do I have to do this?” Would you believe that you don’t have to do it? Unless you are in prison or your body is chained or paralyzed, you don’t have to do anything. You choose to do things.

You might wonder, for example, “What difference does that make? I have to wake up from my bed, or I choose to wake up from my bed. Either way it has to be done.” It makes a tremendous difference. It is the difference between taking an action because something of value is at stake for you (and others), and taking an action because you are being forced to do so. Waking up from bed is a choice you make because you have to go to work or campus at such and such time, or you wake up early morning because you want to pray and be early to work or campus because you loved it.

Every time we wake up from our bed, we are doing it because we want to. We choose to do it. Is anyone forcing you to wake up? No. When you see all the options you have, you can begin to appreciate the choices you make. I read this axiom before, when you face a decision, you have three choices: do what you please, do what others do, or do what is right. Either way, remember – you always have a choice. Can I suggest, or better remind you? Choose do to what pleases God. Do this in remembrance of your commitment to follow Him. Take up the cross and follow Christ (Matthew 16:24, Luke 9:23). You have a choice. May the Lord enable you to choose Him and do what is right.


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]