Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Apologetics Discussion about Food with a Kid

“[So] Jesus told all the people to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, thanked God for them, and broke them into pieces. He gave them to the disciples, who distributed the food to the crowd” (Matthew 15:35-36, NLT)

I love children. But I can’t stand their many questions because I always want to answer them (and sometime if I can’t answer them, I’ll go search for it!). This is both a blessing and troublesome moments. I love children more when I only observe them from afar. Three days ago, however, I met my friend’s little boy. During lunch time at KFC, eight-year-old David asked me why I thanked God before eating our foods. So I asked him,
Where did this chicken fried come from?”
From the kitchen,” David confidently replied.
Yes. How they get it here?”
They send it here.”
From where?”
Err…” David puzzled. “From the KCF factory,” his dad interrupted.
What factory is that?” I asked further.
KCF factory” “Yes, but…” “Oh, Chicken factory!” said David.
That’s right,” I affirmed him, “Chicken farm to be exact. Now, who’s taking care of the farm?”
The farmers
And where did the farmer get the chickens?”
From chicken’s egg
Who made the chicken’s egg?”
David wisely answered, “Adult chicken!”
Okay,” I said. Pause. I was beginning to get irritated with this never ending chicken-egg rotation answer. Then I rephrased my bottom-line question: “David, tell me, who made chicken and chicken’s egg?”
He thought for awhile and then speaks up, “God!”
And that,” I began to smile, “is why we should thank God for the meals.”

I read about a missionary named Nathan Snow said this while trying to adjust to the curious food on his Asian mission field, “Where [God] leads me, I will follow. What He feeds me, I will swallow.”What contentment and thankfulness is in this sentence! Be thankful for the food that is on your table. Remember the One who provides us our “daily bread”. God is the source of everything we have – give thanks and praise Him always!
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]