Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book for Pilgrimage

He (the Jailer) then brought them out and asked,
Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
They (
Peter and Silas) replied,
Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household
.’”
(Acts 16:30-31NIV, in brackets mine)

It all starts with John Bunyan’s dream…
“As I walked through the wilderness of this world, I lighted on a certain place where was a den, and laid me down in that place to sleep; and as I slept, I dreamed a dream. I dreamed, and behold, I saw a man clothed with rags, standing in a certain place, with his face from his own house, a book in his hand, and a great burden upon his back.
I looked and saw him open the book, and read therein; and as he read, he wept and trembled; and not being able longer to contain, he brake out with a lamentable cry, saying,
What shall I do?”  (The Pilgrim’s Progress, page 1)

And that’s the beginning of this incredible journey of a lifetime. The Pilgrim’s Progress is an addictive book to read. I asked myself these questions (based on the introductions of this book) as I read this book: Who was this man? Why was he in rags? Why was his back turned to his home? What burden did he carry? What book was in his hands? What in it made him weep and tremble? And why did he cry? I wonder… you might wonder…

The Pilgrim’s Progress is not a devotional classic, it a tale about a man name Christian which we can easily identify with his challenges and difficulties in facing the real world of walking with God and facing temptations that hinders you on your way to this “Celestial City”. It’s a journey. It’s a walk. It’s a pilgrim, of course. And it’s a progress… one step at the time. A process that lighten your ‘great burden’ upon your back; story that leads you to the question of ‘What shall I do?
The Book is his guidance,
The Evangelist is his signboard,
The Lord is his strength.

Maybe you may have a ‘great burden upon’ your back and you ask ‘What shall I do?’ Maybe this book is for you… a manual book for your important journey in life. Probably, the most important journey in your lifetime! Rosalie de Rosset writes this about John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim Progress,
The struggle to live out one’s life in a world unwelcoming to the Christian faith is becoming more and more of a reality. We need the help of a Christian who has been there before us, a Christian who never avoided theology, who loved and knew the word of God, who presented suffering in all its rawness and joy in all its exuberance, who in the midst of failure knew who he was and who he belonged to. “This book,” Bunyan said, “will make a traveler of thee.” And . . . there is wonder in this journey.” 
I say, a journey from death to life.
Come, and sell your iPad if you have to! Skip your dinner or movie's day if you have to!
Search for this book at your local bookstore.
Come and read this book!
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP. 
Since 3 years ago, and still now: I fully recommend it! 

...................................................................................
April 2012 FREE Book
I’m giving away ONLY 3 copies of The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan. If you never receive any book from Motivates4Life before, you are welcome to get a copy for yourself. Do these 2 things:
  1. Comment below “Rich, give me one copy___(Your name). I have a great burden upon my back, What should I do?"
  2. E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address.
Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

  1. Example,

    Rich, give me one copy [John Bunyan]. I have a great burden upon my back, What should I do?

    P.s: ONLY 3 COPIES AVAILABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, give me one copy [Eudora Priscilla]. I have a great burden upon my back, What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hav receive a free book b4. if only ther's a vacancy for me to hav this.
    Rich, give me one copy [Kee Nieng].I have a great burden upon my back, What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can :) of course can. Just share it with other once finished reading or you can share with others what you have learned from the book or keep other newly pilgrimage that you know of in prayer.
    Will send to you all by 15th ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, give me one copy [Jamal]. I have a great burden upon my back, What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Eudora,
    2) Kee Nieng,
    3) Jamal

    It is finished!
    Happy and enjoy reading... This is a great book; may it be your treasure among other else. he2 :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]