Monday, January 9, 2012

The Only Easy Place for Lazy People is in the Grave

Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it.
No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow
what you can do today
. (
Lord Chesterfield)

Wow! Your room is a mess!” I said to my friend who stayed in campus hostel during my ‘surprise’ visit one day.  
Look at all these clothes,” I complained while my finger running through his items that were hanging likes a spider’s web.
In a fast-mode he replied, “Oh, I have no time to wash it all man.”
[He lied! He played video games roughly 8 to 10 hours per day]
Then, what if you have no other clothes to wear?” I puzzled.
He said, “Well, I just spray perfume… should be fine.”
Lazy man!
Bro, I heard about your poor grade last semester… how’s your study man?” I asked. That was the reason I want to meet him at the first place. Do you know what his respond was?
I’m a smart person actually,” he proudly said it to my face, “but I don’t want to study. I don’t have mood and all. I just copy or Photostat my classmate’s notes… easier that way. ” By then, I already conclude that he was one hell of a lazy-pig! All he wants in life is ‘easy job’! Lazy man!

I read a story by Roy B. Zuck’s The Speaker’s Quote Book about a student once wrote to the famous preacher Hendry Ward Beecher, asking him how to obtain “an easy job”. Mr. Beecher replied,
If that’s your attitude, you’ll never amount to anything. You cannot be an editor or become a lawyer or think of entering the ministry. None of these professions is easy. You will have to forget the fields of merchandising and shipping, abhor the practice of politics, and forget about the difficult field of medicine. To be a farmer or even a good soldier, you must study and think. My son, you have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is in the grave.”

Yes, the grave is the ONLY easy place for lazy people. King Solomon once said, “The lazy man won't go out and work. ‘There might be a lion outside!’ he says. He sticks to his bed like a door to its hinges! He is too tired even to lift his food from his dish to his mouth! Yet in his own opinion he is smarter than seven wise men.”(Proverbs 26:13-16)

THINK BIG Don’t be lazy in your studies (especially in the study of the Word of God) and in your vocations or in whatever that are worth you energy, time and resources. Bob Jones writes, “God will not do for you what He has given you strength to do for yourself.” START SMALL Whenever you recognized the spirit of laziness in you, pray about it and get over it. GO DEEP God hate lazy people. In fact, laziness is sin (e.g. Proverbs 20:4, Proverbs 26:13-16 etc.). The Bible promises no loaves to the loafer... contemplate on it.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]