Sunday, April 22, 2018

John C. Maxwell on Leadership #8 To Improve Your Leadership, Improve Yourself


A danger of teaching conferences or writing books like this one is that people start to assume you’re an expert who has mastered everything you teach. Don’t believe it. Like you, I’m still working on my relational and leadership skills. There are principles that I don’t do well, so I’m still working to improve myself. And that will always be true for me. If I ever think I’ve finished growing, then I’m in trouble.

People who often experience relational difficulties are tempted to look at everyone but themselves to explain the problem. But we must always begin by examining ourselves and being willing to change whatever deficiencies we have. Critic Samuel Johnson advised that “he who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief which he purposes to remove.”
[taken from Winning With People: Discover the People Principles That Work for You Every Time (2007) by John C. Maxwell. Published by Thomas Nelson Inc.]


What must you change in yourself to become a better leader?
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]