Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Service for Christ which Counts for Eternity


It is not the length but the nature of our service for Christ which counts for eternity. Consider two young men whose lives were very brief. David Brainerd, who brought hundreds of American Indians to Christ, died at the age 24. Robert Murray McCheyne, through whom countless lives were transformed in Scotland, died at age 29.
Someone like me, at the age of 27 this year, needs to ask: What was their secret?

From Brainerd’s dairy: “How sweet it is to be the Lord’s, to be sensibly devoted to Him! I have less desire to live for the pleasures of this world, but rather to be a pilgrim, and to imitate the life, labors, and sufferings of Paul.

From McCheyne’s memoirs: “It is my truest happiness to live entirely for the glory of Christ. Not my preaching not my influence, but the work of God through me to the glory of Christ.”

Now if I were to die young too, what could be my proudest contributions in the Christendom? Maybe, I assume, just be remembered as Bible Study facilitator or speaker of the Word of God in colleges… or the most of it – a writer in this blog… maybe none at all. I care less about it. My service for Christ is not counts by how many or how grandeur (or less) the contributions are (God doesn’t measure our service for Him like that), but for Whom (Christ) it was contributed to and for What (the Glory of God) purpose it pointed to. Bishop Gore writes, “God does not want us to do extraordinary things. He wants us to do ordinary things extraordinarily well”. Do that, and your service for Christ, my brothers and sisters, will be counts for eternity. May our awesome God be with you! Amen.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]