Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 4: Thank you - For What You've Done

One day, I decided to say 'thank you' as often as possible to anyone whom I met that day. What triggered me to do that was maybe the books that I read or the audiobooks that I heard at that particular time - I’m not sure (could be both). I always remember this moment when I say it to my mother. Every morning after my mom made breakfast to my brother before he went to work, she will get ready to cook for our lunch together. Mom and me (At that time, I was taking my off day).

I enjoyed my lunch that day, as my mother is an excellent chef housewife. I always finished my meal first, because you see, my mother talked when she was eating. Right after that, I said something that I really can't remember the last time I said it to her... I said, "Mom, today lunch is wonderful and yummy, THANK YOU very much". As soon as I finished saying that, she smile ever bright and in replied she said, "You are welcome." I can see that her day was unusually great that day, just because I said those two magic words.

As a children to our parent sometime we thought that- 'Why should I say thank you to them? After all, this is their duty'. Sometime, we forget that we didn't appreciate them very much (not until someone is gone). Most of the time, we forget that we owe someone a 'thank you’ just because we thought that it was their responsibilities- cleaners, policemen, firemen, taxi drivers, doctors, nurses, teachers, friends, colleagues, Prime Minister, boss etc.

When you say thank you, you are saying 'I appreciate of what you had done to me'. Appreciation and gratitude, actively expressing can make your life meaningful both for you and for the one you verbalized it to. In his book, 10 Powerful Phases for Positive People, Rich DeVos lists 10 phases that are very important;
1) I'm wrong
2) I'm sorry
3) You can do it
4) I believe in you
5) I'm proud of you
6) I need you
7) I trust you
8) I respect you
9) I love you
10) THANK YOU

These are easy words to remember, but we (including me) are easy to forget about it as fast as we remember it. Jesus was going into a village when He met by 10 men suffering from dreaded skin disease. They shouted for healing and yes, Jesus healed them all. 'When one of them saw that he was healed, he came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself to the ground at Jesus' feet and thanked him... Jesus spoke up, "There were ten men who were healed; where are the other 9?" (Luke 17:11-19)

Give thanks to 'little' things that your parent did to you; cooked, washed your clothes, saving money for your college, make up your bed, brought you shoes, worry for your future etc. Give thanks to your friends who always there when you're up or/and when you're down. Give thanks to your brothers and sisters who stand for you even when they know you're wrong most of the times.

Above all, give thanks to the Lord because 'He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have Eternal Life' (John 3:16) Question, who you will give thanks to today? Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]