Friday, May 19, 2017

Jesus' Leadership #6 Request for Noble Things


In thinking about the leaders in the Bible, I began to study their prayer requests. Many of them had opportunities when God said, “I will give you whatever you ask.” How did these people replied to God’s offer? To my surprise, I noticed that all of them asked only for noble things:

Abraham’s request: “Help me follow you”
Moses’s request: “Help me free your people”
David’s request: “Help me slay the giant for our people”
Esther’s request: “Help me save these people”
Solomon’s request: “Give me wisdom to rule your people”
Isaiah’s request: “Give me clean lips to speak your words”
Peter’s request: “Help me feed Your sheep”
Jesus’s request: “Help me show them You Father”

There is one verse that says, “The noble person plan only noble things” (Isaiah 32:8). Jesus was a leader who requested only noble things. People asked him for healing, for forgiveness, for love from God because they knew that he can, he is noble. Once he claimed the verses from Isaiah 61 as his mission: “[God] has sent me to bring good news to the poor, to bind up hearts that are broken, to proclaim liberty to the captives… to comfort all those who mourn, and to give them for ashes a garland… for a mourning robe the oil of gladness, for despondency, praise.” Jesus asked for noble things.

Noble is such a beautiful word, but one doesn’t hear it mentioned very much anymore. I never heard preachers preach a sermon on “How to Be a Noble Man.” Stephen R. Covey doesn’t carry articles on “7 Highly Effective Noble People.” This book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill might not have sold so well if it had been titled Think and Grow Noble.

I think people are basically noble at the core. As for me, I’m going to think about noble things such as how to contribute more to the noble causes in the world. Maybe, if we each think about it more, we, like other leaders in the past, can become nobility. We should ask for noble things just as Jesus asked for noble things.

How can you do noble things to the world today?
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]