Saturday, February 21, 2015

I Know Who I Am, I Don't Know Where I Am Going


I read, Albert Einstein, the celebrated, renowned physicist, was honoured by TIME Magazine as the “Man of the Century.” Einstein was travelling one day from Princeton on a train when the conductor came down the aisle, punching the tickets of each passenger. When he came to Dr Einstein, Einstein reached in his vest pocket. He couldn’t find his ticket, so he reached in his other pocket. It wasn’t there, so he looked in his briefcase but couldn’t find it. The conductor said, “Mr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. I’m sure you bought a ticket. Don’t worry about it.” Einstein nodded appreciatively.

The conductor continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he turned around and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket. The conductor rushed back and said, “Mr. Einstein, Mr. Einstein, don’t worry, I know who you are. No problem. You don’t need a ticket. I’m sure you bought one.” Dr Einstein looked at him and said, “Young man, I too, know who I am. What I don’t know is where I’m going!

Many today, are knowledgeable about the things of God, have been active in many humanitarian endeavours and are recognized by their friends and peers as good upright people. Sadly, many do not know, nor have the assurance of where they are going. They may even be members of a church, active in its ministry, faithful in attendance, giving, and other outreach projects, but still without any assurance that they have a righteous relationship with God and heaven is their final destination. Many hope so, others think so, and others are trying their best through their works to make sure they make it so.

But God through Christ give His children – us – the inner witness of the Holy Spirit that we belong to Him and we have the assurance of a glorious relationship with Him and entry into Heaven. Are you sure you have a righteous relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ? Will you go to be with the Lord in heaven if you die today? If you confess your sins and turn God through faith in Christ, you will have a living hope and assurance in your heart. Peace be with you.

Do you know where you are going?
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]