Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 20: Humble - The lowly will be Exalted

"Take off the turban, remove the crown. It will not be as it was: The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low.' (Ezekiel 21:26)

In its context, turban representing the priestly leadership, and the crown picturing the succession of kings. This I will not discuss. But what remains truth for our daily application is this, 'The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low.'

During my campus time, I have a desire to become famous. I love when people praises me for what I do. I was so content with it that I begin to think that my talents was purely out of my own and when I achieved something great, I was all consume myself with ‘classic’ feeling- PRIDE. Pride is the genesis of all falls and failures. It humbles me down when I learned that, 'The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low'. In my case, I was brought lower than the definitions of 'lowest' in Kamus Dewan or Oxford Dictionary.

Recently I read a book by Brian Kolodiejchuk. M.C. (I don't know how to pronounce his name), Mother Teresa, 'Come be My Light'. I'm so amaze (not in worship) by the characters of Mother Teresa which never fail to make me humble ‘to the ground of dusty soils of Petaling Jaya road’. It seems like I had experienced joining King Nebuchadnezzar in his majesty humiliation when he said against Heaven,
"Is not this great Babylon, which I have built by my mighty power as a royal residence and for the glory of my majesty?" (Daniel 4:30)
What was the outcome of his pride? He eat grass like an ox... his nails were like birds' claws... and so on.

Unlike King Nebuchadnezzar and I, we'd been humiliate but Mother Teresa remain humble when her works had made well known to the world when she founded the Missionaries of Charity for the poorest of the poor people in India (initially, then to the most part of the world) on September 10, 1946. Brian wrote that she always insisted that all documents revealing the inspiration behind the founding must be destroyed, for fear that she would be given a prominence that she believed was due to God alone. Here are some quotes of her letters of her request;

'... Please may I have them- as these were the very expression of my soul... I would like to burn all papers that disclose anything of me in them... I was His little instrument- now His will is known... all those letters are useless.'
'... Please do not give anything... I want the work to remain only His. When the beginning will be known people will think more of me- less of Jesus... I am only His instrument- why so much about me- when the work is all His. I hold no claim to it...'

She does what she does not because she wants peoples’ praises or to gain popularity, but she did it for the love of Christ. After her death in 1997, the world had been inspired by her life and because her purpose was to Glorified God only, God had made her name known through all generations.

Zig Ziglar advised, 'Always ask yourself honestly, 'Does this (what you do) Glorified God?’
Jesus said, 'Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.' (Matthew 23:15)

"The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low."
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]