Saturday, January 21, 2023

Tortured for Christ (1967) by Richard Wurmbrand, Book Review

 Tortured for Christ (1967) by Richard Wurmbrand

I've read this book many times, on many occasions in my life, and have written a brief review years ago (in my blog). It still impacted me very much, the privilege of preaching the Word on social media, campuses, and small churches, the comfort (so far) of being a Christ follower in Malaysia, and the freedom to own as many Bibles as I want. God, through Mr. and Mrs. Wurmbrand, reminds me to: "Don't complain, pray"; "Rest is for the hard laborers in the Gospel"; "Win souls for Christ by all God-honoring means"; "Don't ask for persecution but always be ready"; and "The Father is on the move!" When I read the Book of Acts and John Foxe's Book of Martyrs alongside this one, I can hear the Spirit says, "Be strong and courageous" (Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 1, 1 Chronicle 28:20, 2 Chronicles 32:7, Daniel 10:19, Ephesians 6:10).

Let me share just two short stories from this book:
#1 STORY: "A brother* [I suspect that this is the author himself, writing from a third person] was preaching to the other prisoners when the guards suddenly burst in, surprising him halfway through a phrase. They hauled him down the corridor to their 'beating room.' After what seemed an endless beating, they brought him back and threw him - bloody and bruised - on the prison floor. Slowly, he picked his battered body up, painfully straightened his clothing, and said, 'Now, brethren, where did I leave off when I was interrupted?' He continues his Gospel message!"

#2 STORY
: "A Christian was sentenced to death. Before being executed, he was allowed to see his wife. His last words to his wife were, 'You must know that I die loving those who kill me. They don't know what they do and my last request of you is to love them, too. Don't have bitterness in your heart because they kill your beloved one. We will meet in heaven.' These words impressed the officer of the secret police who attended the discussion between the two. Afterward, he told me the story in prison, where he had been put for becoming a Christian."

These stories and more. Inspiring and challenging. Good endings, bad endings. But all for the glory of the living God YHWH!

#ServeToLead #PreachTheWord #RichardWurmbrand #TorturedForChrist #BeStrongAndCourageous #LeadersAreReaders #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

To read other articles on reading and book reviews, CLICK HERE
All things media: https://linktr.ee/LEGASI.tv    

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]