Sunday, July 18, 2021

Transformed By The Written Words #1Book1Week June 2021

Have you ever read a sentence or paragraph that contains such a profound nugget of truth that it jumps off the page and hits you right between the mind's eyes? Bam?!! Sometimes you say to yourself, "That's exactly what I've been thinking but could never put into words!" And sometimes you're just amazed, "I never thought of it that way before. That's so true! That's it!"

Every reader has experienced special moments like these when we're instantly transformed by the written words a.k.a. books. Those moments of insight wake us from our slumber of self-contentment or shake our self-absorption - and push us to grow. Slowly we move out from darkness to light; from stuckness to solutions; from despair to hope. Author of Wake Up And Live!, Dorothea Brande describes the experience this way:

"I found the idea which set me free. I was not consciously looking for it. I was engaged in a piece of research in a different field. But I came across a sentence in a book I was reading which was so illuminating that I put the book aside to consider all of the ideas suggested by that [one sentence]. When I picked the book up again, I was a different person."

"I was a different person." Wow, this line is VERY relatable! I know exactly what Dorothea means because that's what happened to me. When I finished reading James White's The Forgotten Trinity, for example, my knowledge, confidence, and love for the triune God of the Bible grow. When I considered the importance of sleep outlines in Matthew Walker's Why We Sleep, I was more aware of my sleeping habits. When I listened to J.C. Ryle's Repentance, I was reminded to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ together with the call to repentance. That is one of the hidden powers of reading. It can transform us and make us different - and better, gradually - than we were one month or year earlier. Will you emerge from the pandemic stronger, better, and more knowledgeable? Or, weaker, worsen, and remain the same? READ BOOKS ���������

#ServeToLead #GrowingLeaders #LeadersAreReaders #BeADifferentPerson #GrowDontJustSurvive #LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

To read my #1Book1Week reviews of these books and others, CLICK HERE

FB Page: https://facebook.com/LEGASI.tv/                          
Podcast: http://bit.ly/LegasiSpotify           
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/LEGASItv/       

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]