Sunday, June 11, 2017

Letters to Annie, Keep Studying God's Word


Dear Annie,

            As you desires to focus on your career and family, as a friend, now, I wants to encourage you to read and study the Word of God to equip and strengthen your faith as your pursue these goals. The Word of God determine the quality of your decisions, the quality of your life and the direction of your faith. Never neglect His guidance.

            Martin Luther once said: “I study the Bible as I gather apples. Frist, I shake the whole tree that the ripest might fall. Then I shake each limb; I share each branch and every twig. Then, I look under every leaf.” Can you imagine he’s doing it? Must be funny and at time – very determine. As much as I wants to encourage you dear Annie, you – and only you – must decide whether God’s Word will be a bright spotlight that guides your path every day or a tiny nightlight that occasionally flickers in the dark. The decision to study the Bible (or not) is an important choice; how you choose to use your Bible will have a profound impact today and your future.

            When you said you want to focus on your career and family, I respect that, just don’t neglect God’s Word okay. Read, study and meditate on it daily. “[Man] must not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God,” said Jesus when he was tempted.  God’s Word is the roadmap to success, spiritual abundance and weapon to fight temptations. Make it your roadmap as you pursue your career. God’s wisdom can be a light to guide your steps. Claim it as your light today, tomorrow, and every day of your life – and then walk confidently in the footsteps of God’s only begotten Son. Psalm 119 claims, “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.” Make the psalmist heart desire, yours.

I miss you.

Friend,
Rich


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. Love this phrase: must decide whether God’s Word will be a bright spotlight that guides your path every day or a tiny nightlight that occasionally flickers in the dark. Good word to Annie.

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]