Sunday, February 23, 2014

We All Could Pray for Humility

 
God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6)

While attending a dinner, a famous multi-millionaire heard a discussion on the subject of prayer. After listening for a while, the man of means exclaimed with a sneer,
Prayer may be all right for some of you, but I don’t need it. Everything I have today I’ve worked hard for, and I’ve earned it all myself. I didn’t ask God for anything.”

A university president listened politely, then said to the braggart,
There is one thing you don’t have that you might pray for.”

Startled, the millionaire blurted out, “And what might that be?”
The educator replied gently, “Sir, you could pray for humility.”

We all could pray for humility. We all need to be reminded day by day that all that we have are really from the Lord and all things belong to Him. We all could to pray for humility. We need to recognize our limits and our finiteness in the sight of the Infinite God. We all could pray for humility. “I believe the first test of a truly great man is his humility,” writes John Ruskin, “I do not mean by humility, doubt of his own power, or hesitation in speaking his opinion. But really great men have a curious under-sense of powerlessness, feeling that the greatness is not in them but through them; that they could not do or be anything else than God made them.” We all could pray for grace J

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]